The team at TileStyle recently completed a spectacular full home renovation project in Greystones, Co Wicklow. TileStyle supplied bathrooms, indoor and outdoor flooring and a state of the art kitchen which is the showcase at the centre of this remarkable home.
The TileStyle team - The project was managed by Jacqueline Walsh, our Head of Premium Homes working closely with our expert bathroom and kitchen design teams. Jacqueline acted as a single point of contact for the clients and their interior designer Evan Fenlon with builder Higcon Construction. Liaising internally with our kitchen and bathroom specialists and the clients on site, Jacqueline and our Premium Homes team ensured a highly co-ordinated approach to the product specification process for the full interior fitout.
The TileStyle Brief - the clients had an eye for detail and design so were excellent for our team to work with. They had a keen input and knew what they wanted but were also willing to trust and consider recommendations from TileStyle. The brief was to create a classic, contemporary and comfortable family home and our team worked tirelessly with Evan Fenlon Interiors to achieve this. A highly experienced designer, through clever layouts and carefully considered product selection Evan skilfully created a cohesive look throughout the house. The full interior fit out features products from Porcelanosa Group, resulting in the classic, contemporary yet comfortable home that the brief demanded.
The Showcase - The kitchen is at the heart of this beautiful interior space and is the undisputable showcase. The brief to our kitchen design team was to create something unique and striking but equally functional with maximum storage and a separate utility space with secondary sink unit. Entertainment was key, the clients wanted a large island unit to seat the whole family and friends when entertaining.
Our clients fell in love with the Emotions Kitchen Range from Porcelanosa on display in our Ballymount Kitchen studio. The end result was a hands on collaboration between client, Evan Fenlon Interiors and the TileStyle kitchen design team. With elements of brushed brass, bespoke cabinetry and a striking and elegant Xtone porcelain island worktop.
The final design features a flush mounted Bora vented hob, Siemens Studio Line oven and coffee machine, brushed brass Quooker tap and Liebherr built in wine storage unit.
- A lighter tile was chosen for around the kitchen window and sink area to add contrast.
- The island unit contains a drawer with concealed charging dock for teenagers!
- The natural timber pantry unit was chosen to pick up the copper veining from the Xtone island unit. The pantry unit also cleverly conceals storage when not in use.
- The large open plan fireplace is finished in the same Xtone porcelain as the kitchen island unit, creating cohesion between the two areas.
- Flooring from the indoor living space through to the outdoor area is seamless, bringing the indoors outside.
Bathrooms - The bathrooms throughout feature bathware, tiles and accessories from Porcelanosa Group.
- Finding a neutral floor tile that would complement the kitchen island counter top but still allow it to be the showcase piece. The Bottega Caliza tile from Porcelanosa was the perfect choice with anti-slip version outdoors.
- Delivering, handling and installing the enormous 3m bathroom wall slabs from Porcelanosa. They were installed and finished beautifully by the dedicated and skilled Higcon Construction team.
- Finalising dimensions on site to order the kitchen components as the space wasn't yet built. Once again the Higcon team were excellent.
Why the clients chose TileStyle - "Having Jacqueline as a single point of contact was excellent, it removed the complexity involved in dealing with multiple contacts or suppliers. Jacqueline has fantastic product and industry knowledge. She managed the main elements of the project for us working closely with our interior designer and builder, giving expert advice on product selection and functionality within the kitchen and bathroom areas. On site TileStyle deliveries were always on time and in line with the project programme".
About TileStyle Premium Homes: If you are working on a new build or complete renovation project and would like some help why not get in touch with our Premium Homes team. Contact Jacqueline Walsh, Head of Premium Homes email@example.com visit our Premium Homes web page here or call 01-855 5200.
Photography: by Andrew Watchorn Photography taken for TileStyle & subject to copyright.